Our Family in Pictures

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

4 Years Old....Going on 40!

So this morning, for the first time in weeks, Benjamin was given his cereal in a green bowl instead of a red bowl.  We only have one red bowl (his favorite color, along with the color orange), and instead of washing the red bowl yesterday like I ALWAYS do (so that it is ready for the next morning), I placed it in the dishwasher. 
So, Benjamin looks down at his cereal bowl and says, "Mommy, I don't want a green bowl.  I want a red bowl."

Mommy: "Benjamin, I know you do, baby, but the red bowl is dirty."

Benjamin:  "Why is the red bowl dirty?"

Mommy:  (Looking to place blame elsewhere...I quickly stated) "Because daddy didn't wash it!"

Benjamin:  (Without missing a beat) "...and YOU didn't wash it either?????"

Mommy:  (Defeated and half chuckling) "No, Benjamin, I didn't wash it either."

No comments:

Post a Comment